|“||I have magic powers?||”|
“The Root of All Evil”
Season 1, Episode 3
October 7, 2015
The Root of All Evil is the third episode of W.I.T.s Academy.
- Daniela Nieves as Andi Cruz
- Julia Antonelli as Jessie Novoa
- Jailen Bates as Ben Davis
- Kennedy Slocum as Ruby Webber
- Meg Crosbie as Emily Prescott
- Timothy Colombos as Ethan Prescott
- Ryan Cargill as Luke Archer
- Lidya Jewett as Gracie Walker
- Andrew Ortega as Sean De Soto
- Tyler Perez as Cameron Masters
- Jazzy Williams as Kim Sanders
- Todd Allen Durkin as Agamemnon
- Erin Whitaker as Sienna
- Peter Dager as Harris
- Ruby uses her new powers in this episode, but she later finds out that she needs the sap to recharge them.
- Hex has a crush on another magic book.
- Ruby & Andi can't enjoy the rest of the Guardian's dinner.
- Andi starts to copy Luke's technique.
- Ben injured himself from doing an exercise.
- Luke felt sorry for Andi and Ben.
- Jessie uses her powers to heal.
- Ruby, Ethan, and Emily steal Hex to try to find the roots room.
- At the end of the episode, Andi finds out leaves from The Atrium are falling off, meaning Ruby has already done something bad.
- Ruby steals Kim's goggles.
|Ruby: Sounds like you two go way back.|
|Andi: What makes you say that?|
|Ruby: Agamemnon knows exactly what a pain you are.|
|Andi (stepping towards her): You want to know what a pain is?|
|Ruby (turning to face her): Yeah. You're not so tough without the Chosen One looking after you, are you?|
|Andi: For your information, I was the one looking after her.|
|Ruby: Carrying her books like some kind of sidekick?|
|Andi (angry): How about I give you a little side kick?!|
|Ruby: How about I turn you into the pesky little fly that you are and swat you?|
|Andi (stifling a laugh): Whatever, it's not like you have magic powers.|
|Ruby: *trying to cast a spell* Andi's acting like a brat, turn her into a rat!|
|Andi (after Ruby's spell didn't work): Ha! Right. Nice bluff.|
|Ruby (genuinely puzzled): Why didn't it work?|
|Andi: You can't bluff me into thinking you have magic powers. Nice try though. *walk away*|
|Ruby: I don't understand. *wipes some sap off her dress* It's the tree sap. I need to get back into that room.|
|Andi: Oh! Carry on. Yeah, didn't mean to your uh, yoga lesson, sensei.|
|Luke: That's okay; we always warm up before casting spells. They evenly distribute our energy across our bodies; helps control the magic.|
|Andi (trying to show off): Oh yeah, yeah! We do that too, don't we guys? *referring to Jessie and Ben*|
|Jessie (playing along, while stretching with Andi and Ben): Yeah. Andi's totally into uh, energy distribution body, stuff. Ah, nothing like, stretching, before casting a bunch of spells.|
|Andi: Anyway, um, we're jut gonna practice here today.|
|Luke: Great; we'll be over there, at the Green.|
|Andi: Oh, no no that's what I meant. Yeah we'll be practicing over there, at the Green.|
|Sean (to Luke): You're letting them follow us?|
|Gracie (also to Luke): What if the copy our moves?|
|Luke: I'm counting on it. Let's have some fun with 'Team Suprem-o.|
|Luke: I wanted to apologize to you.|
|Andi: Oh, for what? Your rude behavior when we first met? Your snarky remarks in the cafeteria? Or, for generally being a pain in the butt?|
|Luke: My WITS and I, well we knew you were copying us. So, we made it a little harder on you, maybe a little too hard on Ben.|
|Andi (impressed): Well played Preppy. But hey, my WIT, my responsibility, right?|
|Luke: You know, you're pretty tough yourself.|
|Andi: Well, thank you; I take that as a compliment. *pause* That was a compliment, right?|
|Luke: Yes, but you don't have to be. You know, not always.|
|Andi: Okay don't get too soft on me; doesn't suit you. I mean, it's not as bad as those, preppy shirts you always wear, but it's pretty bad.|
The image gallery for The Root of All Evil may be viewed here.