“No Pain, No Gain”
Season 1, Episode 8
October 15, 2015
No Pain, No Gain is the eighth episode of W.I.T.s Academy.
- Daniela Nieves as Andi Cruz
- Julia Antonelli as Jessie Novoa
- Jailen Bates as Ben Davis
- Kennedy Slocum as Ruby Webber
- Meg Crosbie as Emily Prescott
- Timothy Colombos as Ethan Prescott
- Ryan Cargill as Luke Archer
- Lidya Jewett as Gracie Walker
- Andrew Ortega as Sean De Soto
- Tyler Perez as Cameron Masters
- Jazzy Williams as Kim Sanders
- Todd Allen Durkin as Agamemnon
- Andrea Canny as Malas Manos
- Peter Dager as Harris
- Erin Whitaker as Sienna
- Luke and Andi warm up to each other.
- Gracie, Sean, and Ben start a smoothie business.
- Emily gets mad when Ruby beomces consumed with taking down Andi and practicing magic with the tree sap.
- Ruby accidently makes herself quite strong.
- Luke's feelings for Andi grow; after training with her.
- Coach Foiler acts different with the WITs than she does with the Guardians.
- Kim is introduced to the Hex in this episode.
- Sean and Ben almost get busted by Cameron in the cafeteria.
- Emily steals Jessie's comic book.
- Ruby discovers the clumsy spell to use on Andi.
- Emily is going to use the tree sap from The Dyad Tree, to win the duel that she challenged Jessie with.
- The Groovy Smoothies is an obvious reference to The Groovy Smoothie the place where the iCarly gang always hangs out.
|Andi (checking the entrance to the academy): Oh no, we're late.|
|Luke: And we're in so much trouble.|
|Andi: We're gonna have to wait for the gates to open in the morning.|
|Luke: Maybe we can build a campfire, stay warm, and illuminated.|
|Andi: I don't have anything to start a fire with! *pause* You're not, afraid of the dark, are you?|
|Luke (scoffing, clearly lying): No, not at all.|
|Andi (lying): Good, me neither.|
|Luke: I love the dark. The dark, lightless, pitch black of the night; nothing to worry about.|
|Emily: Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you.|
|Ruby (proudly): I just ran the entire circumference of the western realm.|
|Emily: That's like a hundred miles, how did you...*Ruby smiles wide* What did you do?|
|Ruby: Well, you were so busy practicing, I gave myself a strength spell.|
|Emily: A strength spell? Do you know how tricky those are?|
|Ruby: It wasn't that tricky. I think it did it right. Look, I didn't even break a sweat.|
|Emily: This is the problem! You don't look like you ran a hundred miles. If you ace the test tomorrow with no signs of strain, people will know something's wrong.|
|Ruby: Oh, you're right.|
|Emily: Go back to your room and work on how to look normal.|
|Ruby: Okay coach! *raises hand for a high five, and Emily returns it*|
|Emily (pulling away, hurt): OW!|
|Emily: That was like, high-fiving a wall of cement! And steel, with iron thrown in there for kicks.|
|Agamemnon (seeing Andi walk into his office): Miss Cruz, I hope you found your time in the library beneficial.|
|Andi: You know, just made the most of my time.|
|Agamemnon: That's refreshing to hear.|
|Andi: Would you consider putting a rowing machine in there, maybe on the second floor?|
|Agamemnon: Absolutely not. *stops what he's doing* How can I help you?|
|Andi: I was just wondering how the dyad tree was doing.|
|Agamemnon: Well, curiously enough, it seems to have stabilized.|
|Andi: Oh, that's good news.|
|Agamemnon: Indeed it is.|
|Jessie (walking up to Emily and snatching the comic book out of her hand): Where did you get this?!|
|Emily: I've had it for years.|
|Jessie: It came out a month ago. You went through my stuff and stole this from me!|
|Emily (defensive): You're such a liar! But then again, that's not surprising. You Novoas are all liars. *people ooh*|
|Jessie: You know, it's not surprising your own brother doesn't want to hang out with you; you are not a nice person.|
|Emily (outraged): That's it, I've had it with you! Today, 3 'clock, I challenge you, to a magic face-off. *more people ooh as Emily walks away*|
The image gallery for No Pain, No Gain may be viewed here.